What Laptop-Tablet Hybrid Should I buy?

Zebedi1

Estimable
Jun 16, 2016
Hi everyone, so I have been thinking of buying a tablet-laptop hybrid for school but I don't know where to start. I already have a gaming computer so it would be used purely for productivity and work. Portability is an important factor for me at the moment. The problem is that many of the hybrids I have looked at are very expensive. Generally these are the specs I am looking for:

CPU: Not too bothered, ideal for multitasking.
RAM: 6 - 8 GB ideally
Storage: => 64GB of SSD (ideally with expandable SD port)
Screen: At least 10".

Anyway, I have been looking at the Surface Go which looks OK but there seem to be pretty mixed reviews on it. I am also not thrilled at the fact that I would have to pay a further £100 for keyboard and another £90 for stylus. My budget is very flexible depending on value for money. At the start, I expected to pay around £400 - £500 but this is clearly unrealistic. My budget will stretch to £750 if need be.

I appreciate any responses, thanks a lot!!

Solution

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

You ok with 2in1s? Those are offer a tablet experience whilst having the benefits of actually being a proper laptop.

Zebedi1

Estimable
Jun 16, 2016

That would be fine too thanks

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

A lenovo yoga 520 or 530 (depends on what specs you want) are pretty much the best budget 2 in 1's. Battery life is good, ram and storage is upgradeable if needed in the future, has plenty of power, has a touchscreen with pen support (including the wacom bamboo ink pen) and is overal a really solid productivity device with a good amount of power.

I personally don't like the looks (I prefer black laptops or something with colour) but it's great.
The yoga pen and bamboo ink are about the same quality wise so take your pick. The screen is really colour accurate and far better compared to other options (except for the surface go but that tablet has really weak specs).

Solution