What Lawsuit? Pirates Still Sharing Hurt Locker

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavanhel

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
Alright Canadians, let's get back at these producers. Before (read: If) Bill C-32 is let through we need to up these numbers. Screw you producers, this is what you get.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
As long there is there is the means and the want there will always be piracy. Hell I still remember of people pirating old records and CDs, don't forget 8 track people pirated those to. As for movies there is absolutely nothing they can do with out killing the goose that layd the golden egg.

atdhe

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
I don't know, of course it is not right to pirate a movie but it just 'feels' right, I mean, not in the sense that it's the right way but that it's not a bad thing, i don't know why.

Maybe it's because when I pirate a movie, i usually watch it in my 15" Laptop or 19" Desktop Monitor, but if it is a very good movie, I'd gladly pay for it too see it on the big screen, it's just a totally different experience.

Therefore, i just don't think filling Law Suits is the right way to stop piracy. I don't know which one is the right way, but this is definitely not because piracy IMO is just an evolutionary thing, which can't be fought though hindering and scaring piraters through Law Suits, they need to invent something that does the contrary, e.g something satisfying for which they'd be willing to spend money on.

This IMO applies to the whole entertainment industry.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
seriously people, netflix or redbox it. if you want to watch it that bad, support the people(everyone) that make this film and other films.

arael

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Surprising that it's still being downloaded. Would have thought people would have realised it's a pretty bad movie by now...

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]duckmanx88[/nom]seriously people, netflix or redbox it. if you want to watch it that bad, support the people(everyone) that make this film and other films.[/citation]
We be pirates! Ye British ways get'cha walkin the planks matey!

lashabane

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
Though it seems as though many BitTorrent users are just continuing to download the movie and hoping they don't get caught, it's just as likely that users aren't aware of the suit and, as a result, aren't aware of the consequences.

Option A) They hope they're not caught.
Option B) They aren't aware of the consequences.
Option C) They can't be intimidated by B.S. tactics.

I'm going for option C.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
exactly, this will be good news to them! forcing people to pay thousands for a movie is a great business model! knowing the arrogant bastards that made the movie, they probably think thats a fair price too...

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
[citation][nom]Enzo Matrix[/nom]uhh... or they use HTTPS and proxies.[/citation]

Or live in countries that would welcome the MPAA lawyers as target practice for the soldiers.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
IIRC the Hurt Locker is crying because a low budget film made only $15 million dollars. So now they are going to lose even more money suing independent pirates for not seeing a movie they wouldn't have ever heard of otherwise if they weren't bored and pirated it out of curiosity? Blame the pirates, after all it was the millions who pirated the Hurt Locker that helped boost its popularity earning it a Grammy. As I recall it was also one of the lowest budget movies to win a Grammy in history, or that's what they were spewing on TV.

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007
Shame on some of you for 'thumbs downing' people who suggest actually paying to watch the movie, like from cheap alternatives such as redbox or netflix. PIRATING IS STEALING. if you pirate you are a THIEF. Don't like to be called a theif ? Then don't steal from others. Some people need to come to grips with what they are doing, is wrong, and not 'cool'.

jabba359

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2007
[citation][nom]bison88[/nom]Blame the pirates, after all it was the millions who pirated the Hurt Locker that helped boost its popularity earning it a Grammy. As I recall it was also one of the lowest budget movies to win a Grammy in history, or that's what they were spewing on TV.[/citation]

A Grammy, eh? Coming soon: Hurt Locker the Musical.

Status
Not open for further replies.