What Processors Will Fit In My Laptop?

07jaydenb

Prominent
Aug 28, 2017
Hello, User. I would like to know what sort of processor will fit in my laptop, here are the specs:
Brand: Lenovo 110-15ACL
CPU: AMD A6-7310 2.00GHz Quad Core
RAM: 8.00GB (6.91GB Usable)
System Type: 64-bit

I would really like to know what AMD processors will fit in this laptop, I would like faster speeds because 2.00GHz is too slow for me.

Thankyou!

Solution
Well there are three complications with fitting another CPU in the Laptop.

The first one would be that the CPU is indeed soldered and not held in as you stated above. To be 99% sure is really strange because as far as I know no Laptop of Lenovo came with a normal socket in all their IdeaPad Lineup.

A soldered CPU is still exchangeable, but it requires equipment to desolder the old CPU and then to solder the new one. That is not something you can do with a simple soldering iron, but some Laptop-Repairshops have the option to resolder a BGA CPU.

The second problem is the Lenovo BIOS. This company is known to implement White- and Blacklists into the BIOS(UEFI) to only support specified Hardware. Hardware that is not on the Whitelist...

07jaydenb

Prominent
Aug 28, 2017

I am 99% sure it's not soldered, and I will be getting an AMD FX Processor if it fits, which will run intensive 3D Gaming and programs.

DSzymborski

Distinguished

You definitely shouldn't be 99% sure. Or even 1% sure. During this thread, you're clearly conflating desktop platforms with laptop ones; the majority of laptops, especially those on the low-end and the smaller, thinner ones, have CPUs that are soldered in.

The A6-7310 is *only* available in BGA. Even if there was something worth upgrading to, it's not happening. And you wouldn't be able to put an FX CPU into this laptop if you lived to be a million.

thehutti

Estimable
May 12, 2014
Well there are three complications with fitting another CPU in the Laptop.

The first one would be that the CPU is indeed soldered and not held in as you stated above. To be 99% sure is really strange because as far as I know no Laptop of Lenovo came with a normal socket in all their IdeaPad Lineup.

A soldered CPU is still exchangeable, but it requires equipment to desolder the old CPU and then to solder the new one. That is not something you can do with a simple soldering iron, but some Laptop-Repairshops have the option to resolder a BGA CPU.

The second problem is the Lenovo BIOS. This company is known to implement White- and Blacklists into the BIOS(UEFI) to only support specified Hardware. Hardware that is not on the Whitelist just won't start.

The third problem would be Chipset, Power and Thermal concerns. Even if there is a FX processor that is designed for the FP4 BGA Socket, and you can solder it somehow, and Your BIOS hat the correct Microcode to support it and there is no Blacklist in the BIOS. Then the board still doesn't come with a compatible Chipset to support the CPU and the Power supplied to the CPU would not be enough, cause the FX lineup consumes much more power, and there would be Thermal Problems, because a FX CPU produces a lot of more heat than the small A6 CPU, and the cooling would not be enough.

As you can see, it is simply better to live with what you have or buy a new Laptop entirely.

Solution

07jaydenb

Prominent
Aug 28, 2017

Thanks, This really sucks, I wanted to upgrade, thanks!