What should i buy?

michel_apachie

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
hi everybody.i want to read PDf for hours.i have 2 options .first PDF reader and second tablet PC .i want to know:1-which one is better?
2-if i plan for a pc tablet what brand?
3-does tablet pc screens tire the eyes?

michel_apachie

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
i mean an e-book reader device like KINDLE or AMAZON.i dont know which one to buy.you know there are differences between them.for example many of e-book readers dont have colorful screens.

nathanbarlow

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
i use my HP TM2 tablet PC for PDF's for study. Bonus of using a Tablet PC is that you can annotate the PDF with the stylus pen - works just like pen and paper.

It is probably more strenous on the eyes than e-ink (though i havent used e-ink devices), but using good lights in the room, and low brightness does help tremendously.

skaz

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011

1 - Tablet PC
2 - Notion ink adam
3 - LCD screens will tire the eye over time. But E-ink screens will tire the eye much less. To lower the tired eye effect with an LCD screen you can lower the brightness of the screen. Especially when reading in a dark place.

Note: The Notion ink adam will offer a model that has a pixel Qi screen. It will be able to switch between backlit LCD mode and low-power electrophoretic reflective mode. Best of both worlds =).

kedakari

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011

If all you want to do is read e-books then just buy a kindle or similar. They were designed and engineered for book reading. Plus the battery life will be a lot better than a tablet. Not to mention the size and weight difference. Ebook readers are often smaller and more comfortable to hold.
If you already have a computer then buying a tablet PC will be a couple hundred dollars more than a reader and you'll just begging a bunch of stuff you already have.
I hear the Ipad is horrible for ebooks. They have some cheap Android based tablets, but the screen resolution is weird and you might be zooming in and out a lot.
If you just want to read just stick with a reader.