What should i do with my speaker system?

Michael Wade

Honorable
May 11, 2013
hello guys, im just wondering what options i have/should take right now, i have 400 pound and want to spend it on newer speakers (My current Creative ones are good, but i think i want better) there only £70 and i want something a lil louder, ive been looking around, but really dont know what to get? if i want bookshelf speakers, floor standers, an av receiver, i really dont know, what do you guys recommend? i only have £400, i dont mind going up a lil but nothing more then £430 i think.
Thank you guys!

Hello,

It would help knowing your room dimensions, as well if it's acoustically treated, to the point when you clap there's no echo, at least. If you hear an echo, you need to treat your room with maybe a carpet, paintings, or even acoustic panels at appropriate locations. If you pass the clap test, then we can start talking about getting new speakers for you! ;-)

All the best!

Michael Wade

Honorable
May 11, 2013

Hello, my room currently has 5.1 surround sound and the sounds ok, i have carpet, and its pretty surrounded with tvs, monitors, shelves and other stuff. no echo when i clap etc. as for dimensions, Im not too sure, its big, but not huge.