What things do I install after PC is built?

G

I'm building my first PC and I wanted to know what things will I need to install apart from the OS (obviously)? I'm mainly just gaming, video editing etc. Do I just install all the discs that came with all my products?

Solution
List of some software that are helpful :

1. install all the drivers from the CD that came with your motherboard.
2. install Graphics drivers if you have any GPU. [ you can download latest drivers from respective site ]
3. install CPUz software for detailed information about your hardware.
4. install speedfan to check whether in some cases your cpu or gpu is getting hot or not.
5. Microsoft Office if you want.
6. install winrar to unzip any zipped files.
7. Google Chrome for better browsing experience.
8. CCleaner to clean temp file and cookies from your pc.

this much will be enough hope so.
Apart from the OS, the only thing you need to install are the drivers for your motherboard (LAN, Chipset, Audio) and graphics card. Other suggested installations would be some anti-virus programs and maybe a anti spy/mal-ware program or two.

-Wolf sends

G

Do the MB drivers come with box same with audio, chipset etc?

Sorry. I should have specified. You should go to the motherboard manufacturer's web site for the latest drivers. You'll download all but your graphic card drivers from that site, assuming you have a discrete graphics card included in your build. If not, then you'll want to get the latest VGA drivers for your motherboard as well.

While the ones included on the disk you get with your motherboard will likely work, they are often out of date. It's just as easy to pre-download the drivers and install them once your OS install is completed.

-Wolf sends

GhosT_Hv

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
List of some software that are helpful :

1. install all the drivers from the CD that came with your motherboard.
2. install Graphics drivers if you have any GPU. [ you can download latest drivers from respective site ]
3. install CPUz software for detailed information about your hardware.
4. install speedfan to check whether in some cases your cpu or gpu is getting hot or not.
5. Microsoft Office if you want.
6. install winrar to unzip any zipped files.
7. Google Chrome for better browsing experience.
8. CCleaner to clean temp file and cookies from your pc.

this much will be enough hope so.

Solution
G

Thanks Ghosts... That's exactly what I was wanting to hear!

GhosT_Hv

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013

You're welcome :) .