What to upgrade next....laptop or phone?

Alphastrike101

Estimable
Dec 19, 2014
Hey

So at the moment i own a surface pro 1 and a HTC one M7 mini, and both are aging badly and need upgrading. Being a University student (college) student does mean I am on a budget of sorts and that work and a social life are both important. I was planing to replace my surface to a Asus Zenbook UX305 and my phone with a Lg G4, But i currently don't have the money to buy both.

What would you replace first, and for what reason, or would you change out something for another (eg Lg G4 to a asus Zenfone 2?)or would you buy one and wait for new developments in the other?

Thanks for any advice, i am really struggling with this.
L

Ps sorry for the mobile reference in the laptop thread.... please forgive :)

Solution
I definitely disagree.... Laptop should be upgraded first... why?..... because you may do anything a phone can do with a laptop! android games? it's even faster with a laptop. picture editing software? of course laptop I hate 360 or other apps... you want to be a genius of course you need a laptop for that. and for professional people "phone are for sms and call not for games and leisure" I just dont know why people enjoyed playing with those little box with little screen and with few functions. and besides I think phones can't replace PC in the future.
It depends on what you use the most. If you use the phone more than replace the phone first. Otherwise replace the laptop.

Also remember that phones get update much more quickly than laptops do.

Finally, to recommend a phone, I will need to know what you do with it. As for the laptop, the asus 305 has an m cpu which I don't recommend. I would rather that you looked into the previous model as it will give you more performance.

fcnealvillangca

Estimable
May 11, 2015
I definitely disagree.... Laptop should be upgraded first... why?..... because you may do anything a phone can do with a laptop! android games? it's even faster with a laptop. picture editing software? of course laptop I hate 360 or other apps... you want to be a genius of course you need a laptop for that. and for professional people "phone are for sms and call not for games and leisure" I just dont know why people enjoyed playing with those little box with little screen and with few functions. and besides I think phones can't replace PC in the future.

Solution