Tim2000

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012

lkacy

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
From all indication the Panasonic smart viera happens to be a Plasma TV which I don’t like because of the experience I had with a similar one that am no longer using. Can you believe that I had to constantly change the image on the screen just to avoid burn-in?

lake200

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
My uncle and I wanted to purchase a Smart TV and when we got to the TV shop, we were faced with the problem of making the best choice out of LG Smart TV and the Sony BRAVIA. Both looks great but we ended up getting LG Smart TV because the remote control was convenient to use.

alexlanmdon

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
Comparing the different Smart TV industries, I want to say that LG Smart TV has one very special feature that I love most and that is the speed. I was opportune to watch movies on LG Smart TV and during the time of uploading, the input delay was really snappy.

lkacy

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
Have you ever thought about the passive 3D TV as one of your favorite? If not, I guess you should take that into consideration because, I was opportune to witness the display of the latest Mitsubishi and LG 3D TV sets at Slashgear. Though the Mitsubishi model looks good, the LG 3D TV sets looks superb in all aspects.

cutley7ad

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
If you want to play games then I think you should be considering buying passive 3D TVs. Active 3D TVs are inconvenient for gaming. You have to recharge the batteries of glasses often and active 3D glasses cause eye fatigue and dizziness easily because of their flickering. Sony, Samsung are active 3D TVs and LG is a passive 3D TV. I would go with LG’s passive 3D TV for gaming.

daveeed12

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012

As mentioned above, 3D tvs can be split into two categories: passive and active. Currently, LG supports passive while Samsung supports active. If you're going to be playing games, I recommend a passive 3D tv set because they have lighter glasses that do not require batteries or the hassle of charging them every few hours. That way, you can enjoy gaming without much interference!

jcoultas98

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
I have a Panasonic VT25 active 3D hdtv, and my battery lasts over a month. I don't know where the information came that they only last hours. The image on a passive set is very unstable at any sort of off angle. You have a very limited range of motion, or you totally lose the effect. If the flicker bothers you, the n yes, Passive is the way to go. I'm not a fanboy either way, i just hate wrong information.

yang0409

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
LOL. I'm sorry but I really find it funny that the deciding factor was the remote. If I was in the same situation, I would have chosen LG too. But mainly because their passive 3d is more comfortable for me, their tvs are more competitively priced and their smart features are intuitive. Although I agree with you that their remote is also easy to use.