What'd be the best Antivirus?

SirDarknight

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013
If you've seen my last thread, you'll know why I'm asking this. I bought ESET Smart Security 8 for $60 and it was a total waste of money. While ESET failed to solve a virus as simple as Shortcut Virus, Avast did it for free.

In your opinion, what'd be the best anti-virus.?

Kliqx

Estimable
Aug 11, 2015
Kaspersky Pure 3.0 is really good, I use it myself and I've never had any issues. I might also add that it has internet security and antivirus, companies will try to get the better out of you by saying internet security rather than antivirus.
Trend Micro Antivirus is decent.
Bitdefender is rated pretty highly.
Norton is okay but slightly annoying at times.

CWEric

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015
Not all antivirus is perfect. They will all miss something due to using different method and signature database. Eset detection is on the weaker side though, just a very stable anti-virus from what I hear. It is recommended to have a backup 2nd scanner to combat this nothing is perfect. Malwarebytes free is a good product that fill this void.

MarkW

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
I use Trend Micro. It has caught everything that has tried to sneak onto my system in the 18 months that I have used it. And it never seems to bog my system down, not even when it is doing a full system scan. There is no free version of it. They do offer 30 days free trial, but after that, you have to pay to keep using it. They offer several levels of protection. I use the highest levels of protection here. So I cannot comment on what the lower levels do.

Feditox

Estimable
Oct 21, 2015
Ok, so i use a combo of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and BitDefender Free Edition, BitDefender is a non-intruisve AV that vary rarely interrupts you, and MBAM detects a BUTT TON of malware, i bet it would find at least one thing on anyone's machine. If you could give me a best answer i would be grateful!