Whats a good speaker Amp with Sub-woofer support?

Tom Dalzell

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013
I got Some Sony monitors recently and gave been powering them and a sub-woofer with an old stereo from the 80's. while it does the job, its super bulky and the sound is a bit meh. Not really sure whats good out there so any advice would be great. I'm looking for something that can sit on my desks and i need to be able to plug my sub-woofer into it. Also don't have much to spend it.
Thanks for your help!

Make and model numbers would help.
Some older stereo receiver are quite good so it is not sure that this is what is making the sound bland. If the sub is not self powered or matched to the sats you may be getting too much or bad quality bass. The Sony monitors may not be very good or at least to your liking. I would borrow a pair of speakers and see if that it the issue. Try the monitors without the sub. If you like them but they have no bass then the sub may be muddying the sound.
If you don't have much money to spend you
A low cost replacement would be a 2.1 channel amp board from www.parts-express.com
&Ntt=2.1+channel+amps&PortalID=1]http://www.parts-express.com/search.aspx?N=4294967118+4294966022&Nrs=collection%28%29%2Frecord[endeca%3Amatches%28.%2C%22P_PortalID%22%2C%221%22%29+and+endeca%3Amatches%28.%2C%22P_Searchable%22%2C%221%22%29]&Ntt=2.1+channel+amps&PortalID=1

Make and model numbers would help.
Some older stereo receiver are quite good so it is not sure that this is what is making the sound bland. If the sub is not self powered or matched to the sats you may be getting too much or bad quality bass. The Sony monitors may not be very good or at least to your liking. I would borrow a pair of speakers and see if that it the issue. Try the monitors without the sub. If you like them but they have no bass then the sub may be muddying the sound.
If you don't have much money to spend you
A low cost replacement would be a 2.1 channel amp board from www.parts-express.com
&Ntt=2.1+channel+amps&PortalID=1]http://www.parts-express.com/search.aspx?N=4294967118+4294966022&Nrs=collection%28%29%2Frecord[endeca%3Amatches%28.%2C%22P_PortalID%22%2C%221%22%29+and+endeca%3Amatches%28.%2C%22P_Searchable%22%2C%221%22%29]&Ntt=2.1+channel+amps&PortalID=1

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Audio 3
T Audio 2
C Audio 3
melaniaaaaa Audio 1
Chris471973 Audio 1
Bonesaw Audio 1
Doctor Gonzo Audio 0
R Audio 2
szury Audio 7
A Audio 1
C Audio 1