What's Currently The Best Laptop for up to ~1000$ ?

louno

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
I absolutely want touchscreen. The laptop will be used mainly for photo editing in lightroom/photoshop, also streaming media to tv, and light gaming if possible (i dont expect to be able to play BF4 on this, just maybe F2P style games like smite for example).

I am buying from canada so, this might limits the kind of deals I can get and where I can shop online...

Currently i'm considering the Lenovo Yoga 2 pro (13.3in 3200x1800 touch screen) 1099$ (it is on special 200$ off):
http://shop.lenovo.com/ca/en/laptops/ideapad/yoga/yoga-2-pro/
I like the fact that it is sort of an hybrid tablet/laptop that can be used in a multitude of ways. I know there were issues with the screen having a bit of a yellowish cast but apparently this has been fixed.

Otherwise, there is the Dell Inspiron 14 ( 1920x1080 14in Touch Screen) 849$:
http://www.dell.com/ca/p/inspiron-14-7437/pd?oc=ni147_bt_t_h556e&model_id=inspiron-14-7437
It's 250$ cheaper but doesnt have an SSD, the screen size is bigger though but the resolution is smaller. I have a feeling the lenovo screen has a better quality to the colors so that might be best for photo editing.

any other options?

louno

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion, however im not sure the asus would be a better choice. It definitively would be a more powerful computer i think i could even play bf4 on it and it does have a bigger screen but if we keep in mind my primary use which is photo editing i think the asus as an advantage due to its high resolution ips panel(assuming the laptop is good enough to run the programs needed)?

My current laptop has a normal lcd panel that isnt bright enough and i simply cannot use it because the color shift / inaccuracy are hard to work with, i need to be within the 5degree of the perfect angle to view the colors "accurately" and even so its just a pain to do editing on it... I have to wait until i can go on my desktop with ips screen to do the edits which id like to avoid.