Question what's going on with this laptop? (with picture)

hang-the-9

Titan
not sure if this is the right place to post this but...

my little brother showed me the back of his (gaming) laptop and it looks like this: View: https://imgur.com/a/WXZUgwj

he says his laptop is very noisy and almost overheats at times.
does anybody have any idea what has happened here?
That's just the vents pushed aside, looks like something was pushed between them. They are pretty thin aluminum and easy to bend. As far as being noisy, a lot of gaming systems are, only cure is to either drop the voltage on the CPU a bit or to open it up and re-do the heatsink with a good quality thermal paste.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
miluti Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 4
K Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 7
M Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 6
L Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 4
H Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 5
Similar threads
Question HP Notebook 17-x010ca was dropped 3ft onto a rug; backlight works, but no picture. Everything else seem to work when connected to an external monitor.
Solved! How to log on to my laptop using the picture code instead of password
Laptop turns on but no picture
How do i open pictures from my i phone 8 to my dell laptop
I have sound but no picture on my Acer laptop. Help!!!???
i am trying to connect my new laptop to my old broken screen hp to get my pictures with hdmi. How do i do that? Thanks
My laptop screen won't show but when I connected it on hdmi there's picture help meeee
hello actually i need a cable which is connected to mother board and LCD actually my laptop has some issue in picture viewer s
Laptop no picture
Can't picture out anything on garbled laptop display
Church laptop is linked to a monitor to display things on the big screen. I can get sound but no picture, can somebody please
i have put my card from my camera into my laptop to print the pictures and its telling me the card is corrupt and un-readable
how can i get the pictures and files off a laptop with the screen busted ?
No LCD picture but working backlight and digitizer
hi i used to be able to watch tv through my laptop but now when i try i only get sound but no picture. can anyone help me plea
HDMI laptop to HDMI projector. I have picture but no sound
Asus g73jh built in screen showed lines and distorted picture after 10 -15 mins of waiting for it to come on. I replaced both
Acer laptop stuck in boot loop + won't show picture
HDMI - laptop to Panasonic Viera - the picture freezes for a few seconds intermittently
back light works but no picture

ASK THE COMMUNITY