What's the correct SSD Caddy & Bezel for a Dell Inspiron 5767?

Lord_Liverpool

Commendable
May 1, 2016
Hello,

I want to swap out the Optical CD-Rom Drive of my Dell Inspiron 17 (5767) Laptop for a SSD.
It's easy to remove, just one screw! And I know I need to buy a caddy for the SDD to sit inside.
There are plenty of caddys for sale on Amazon and eBay. Just one problem! All of the caddys I've seen so far come with a flat plastic cover. Whereas my laptop has a curved edges. This potentially means I would have a nasty gap where my optical drive use to be.

See images here:

YGAvfE.jpg

laptop-inspiron-17-5000-Foggynight-Intel-polaris-pdp-03.jpg

Dell_Inspiron_17_5767-7.jpg

TL;DR

Does anyone know of a caddy that comes with a curved bezel cover especially to fit the Dell 5767?

Thanks very much

Cheers.

Solution
Solution

Lord_Liverpool

Commendable
May 1, 2016
@veloctyg4 Thank you for the fast reply!

That's great to know about the detachable bezel(faceplate), that's saved me a headache! Thanks very much. OK I have a further question if you could help me please?

I already have an SSD (256GB) and its accompanying SSD Caddy which I took out of my old Dell XPS 1640 Laptop.
But when I came to put in into my Dell Inspiron 17 (5767) it wouldn't fit as it was too big (Height of 13mm).

I noticed that the Caddy you linked too on eBay has a height of 9.5mm. Which is the same height as the SDD, what a coincidence! :)
So I'm guessing newer SSD caddies are smaller in height? And if I purchase one my SSD should just fit? I also assume the bezel(faceplate) will be compatible as well?

Thanks very much.