Question Whatsapp local backup to SD not working

Mar 29, 2022
I’m trying to export a backup of my Whatsapp chats to my Android but the folder where it is supposed to be contained doesn’t exist. I read online that the backup location was moved from “/sdcard/WhatsApp” to “/sdcard/Android/media/com.Whatsapp.” I found the latter, but it doesn’t show any files after 12/23/21. That doesn’t make sense because yesterday I manually ran a backup to “local” (after disabling cloud backup) and Whatsapp says that it successfully saved a file of 123 MB. I tried to search for that file using an Android file manager (I tried both Astro and Google Files), but no luck. And even though I also have a backup sent to my Google Drive account, there’s no way to download it from there as it’s not saved in a downloadable format. Given how critical Whatsapp has become to modern communication (for business and otherwise), I’d like to have a backup copy, but something’s broken. Not sure if it has to do with my phone (Motorola G Power 2021), or the version of Whatsapp (2.22.5.72) or Android (11), or something else. Any ideas? Thanks in advance to anyone who can solve this one!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Android Smartphones 0
V Android Smartphones 0
D Android Smartphones 1
buialex889 Android Smartphones 0
H Android Smartphones 2
A Android Smartphones 1
F Android Smartphones 1
C Android Smartphones 1
R Android Smartphones 1
R Android Smartphones 1
G Android Smartphones 0