when I try to turn my Asus laptop on, it is stuck at a black screen that says 'Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Growing_

Estimable
Mar 30, 2015
It's at a black screen that says 'Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key' please help

kanewolf

Judicious
That means that your laptop can't access your hard drive. It is possible that battery that keeps the config information had died and the laptop has just lost its config. It is also possible that your had drive is dead. You should go into the BIOS and be sure that the hard drive is recognized by the BIOS and is set as a boot device.

Did you drop your laptop recently?

Cozma2104

Estimable
Jun 4, 2015

Acidentally my old router felt somewhere between the mouse pad and keyboard. When i try to turn it on it makes some sounds very fast and after the black screen appears and says reboot and select proper boot device.... Can you explain me what happend?

janidim

Estimable
Jun 10, 2015
When this happened to my laptop, I took the battery out, pressed the power button about 5 times holding it down for 5 seconds each time, replaced the battery, pressed the power button again and it started up lil normal. I got lucky that it worked for me, it was the first thing I did on my quest to fixing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.