when I turn on my new android box it turns off my toshiba tv!!! Pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

buffybz

Estimable
Aug 26, 2015
Just got a MXQ android box and plugged in the hdmi cable and plugged it in. When I turn it on it powers off my TV. Please help....am I missing something?

If you are powering up the android box with an IR remote it is possible that the TV power command is the same as the MXQ power command so it turns the TV off (if it is already on). You can check this by using the MXQ remote to turn off the TV without the box connected to the TV.
If is also possible that the MXQ power command it the same as the TV off command. Even if your TV remote doesn't have separate on and off commands many manufacturers do have separate codes installed so that universal remotes have an easier time with macros. No simple way around this. Maybe just turn them on in the right order or use app to control the MXQ via wifi.
If it is not an IR problem the only other thing to try is to turn off the CEC function in the TV. This sends commands over the HDMI connection but doesn't work right much of the time especially with different brands.

Brian_7

Estimable
Sep 9, 2015

Im having the EXACT same problem. Did you ever figure it out?

kjmpa26

Estimable
Oct 19, 2015
In the MXQ box Go to >>Settings>>Advanced>>CEC control>>Turn CEC switch on (which will turn all the settings on)

Then in the Toshiba TV Go to >>Menu>>Setup>>REGZA-LINK Setup>>Turn on "TV Auto Input Switch"

In the same screen you may also have to enable "REGZA-LINK"

Since doing this my screen has not "intermittently gone all black"

Hope this helps!!!!!

John_170

Estimable
Nov 18, 2015

I'm Having the same problem too... its not the remote turning off the tv.. it turns off the tv on and off continuously. sometimes it works for up to an hour and then starts turning the tv on and off over and over..

Gmaburton

Estimable
Nov 20, 2015

Did you get help with this? I am having same issue. Box works on other tv!

awall07

Estimable
Nov 24, 2015
gmaburton i also had the same problem i followed those to step and also turn off the setting on my tv that said auto device off. that setting was what was turning my tv off and my box off hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.