When i type in a letter 3 come up on the screen

linzz31

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
i have a lenovo laptop and when i hit any letter on the middle row of the keyboard 3 other letters come up at the same time for example if i hit the F key RF4 come up on the screen any idea what this is and how i can fix it please

getochkn

Splendid
Keyboard got something spilled on it or it got wacked and some traces got broken inside. More than likely it will need a new keyboard, which can be cheap to expensive depending on the model and if you're capable of taking it apart yourself and fixing or have to bring it to a shop to fix it.

Jim_L9

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Could be an issue with the keyboard or the controller. A replacement keyboard shouldn't cost too much. How old is the laptop?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Laptop General Discussion 1
K Laptop General Discussion 2
A Laptop General Discussion 5
K Laptop General Discussion 2
M Laptop General Discussion 2
K Laptop General Discussion 3
M Laptop General Discussion 1
R Laptop General Discussion 2
N Laptop General Discussion 1
K Laptop General Discussion 1
H Laptop General Discussion 5
S Laptop General Discussion 2
H Laptop General Discussion 1
N Laptop General Discussion 1
M Laptop General Discussion 1
A Laptop General Discussion 1
W Laptop General Discussion 2
B Laptop General Discussion 1
D Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 5
Similar threads
Solved! laptop type numbers instead of letters f11+numlck its not working
I cannot type letters in my laptop..It gives only numbers
My laptop keyboard is typing the letter u infinite times without my knowledge
i have a logitech w;ireless kneyboard aknd w;he i typ3e sertekn letters it w;ill typ3e as you see here. its very frustratikng
Do the letters on the keys of Lenovo X1 6th gen Carbon 2018 and DELL XPS 13 2018 wear off over time?
Dell Latitude E5430 issue with keyboard. some letters add more characters when typing
2 letters number 7 and 8 in t e alp abet wont print
I have a tablet adroid model 6873w42, the problem is that I can not reset it, despite I follow the letter to the letter, it is
Keyboard puts an ' before first letter everytime
Can't get into my laptop, typing password causes random numbers and letters so can't even open my pc?
My laptop is typing the letter "p" over and over and the only way to stop it is to turn on sticky key toggle keys and filter
my laptop doesn't have a letter M what will i do?
My Mac Book Air is typing extra/ different letters than the ones I'm typing
keyboad typing 2 joined letters
My keyboard has a letter stuck down, is there a way to remove keyboard
my toshiba laptop cant type many letter, for ex u,i,p,t. everytime i type it will show nothing but 'beep' sound.
i have a acer one 10 but the letters 'njko and 9 does not work, any suggestions?
Keyboard types random letters after pressing the i key
Keyboard letter problem
Keyboard letters y, u, h, j, n, m, 6 & 7 are not working on my Dell Inspiron n5010? I got a replacement keyboard but the same

ASK THE COMMUNITY