When to buy android tablet

M1KES

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
1. Is This Your First Time Buying A Tablet?
Yes

2. Do you already have an operating system in mind? If so specify (iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, Windows RT, Windows 8, etc)
Yes, it has to be android.

3. What screen size do you have in mind? And your preferred resolution (not required but helps)?
I am looking for a 10 inch tablet. Around that size. No preferred resolution,

4. Preferred Brand(s) - (ex. Microsoft, Samsung, Asus, Apple)
No preffered brands but imust not take too long to update android version.

5. Brands Not Preferred (specify why) (ex. Hannspree, Acer, etc.)
Nothing

6. How much do you want to spend on your tablet?
I have a budget of 500$.. anything under would be great. (i can stretch the budget by 100$ if its worth it).

7. Do you have cellular service? Or do you want the tablet to be WiFi only?
I just want the tablet for wifi only use.

8. If you do have cellular service, who is your provider and how much data are you allowed per month?
Only using WIFI

9. Do you want the tablet to be a full laptop replacement?
No, just something to carry around when all i want to do is browse the internet or watch movies or play games on.

10. What existing apps do you use? What do you intend to do with this tablet?
I intend to mostly use the tablet for multimedia purposes, From apps, to movies, music, games, Would be great if the specs was good cause i do enjoy playing on them.

But what i most wanted to know is if this is the best time to buy a tablet?? I do not follow the news much on the mobile side and would like to know if there are any new models coming in or if I should wait for a certain new model? I really dont want to buy a tablet and have it outdated next month. Could anybody give feedback on this?

rarmitage124

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
I would recommended the Nexus 10 for $399 (from Google Play) or the Sony Xperia Tablet Z for $449.99 (from Amazon.com). They both have android and both seem to have your needs.:)

M1KES

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
Ok.. after some research i have narrowed it down to 3...

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)

Sony Xperia Tablet Z

Asus Transformer Pad TF701

Any thoughts?