Question When will Samsung replace their Tab S2 8-in tablet?

Reg19878

Prominent
Mar 19, 2022
Thanks for your reply........I love the 2048x1536 resolution, and also like the 8 inch size and 9.28oz weight . Primarily use for reading, but also use for travel due to small size and weight. Recently replaced the battery and now it's not running down so often. Originally, it was a Barnes & Noble Nook. Great tablet, but getting dated. I will research the Fire HD. but suspect it is heavier and has lower resolution........Is your expectation that Samsung will not be providing a new 8 inch tablet soon????

Reg19878

Prominent
Mar 19, 2022
Given the slow SOC and the under 4gb of ram I'd say no. Unless you plan on using it for a single dedicated task. Even then you have to make sure it's works on such an old android version.

Can't believe I'm going to suggest this, but you'd be better getting a fire HD plus tablet from Amazon. It's going to be newer, faster, and have a more up to date OS. It's not going to have an OLED display, but what good is a nice display if you can't use it. It's going to cost more than $50, but you WILL be far happier.
What 8-9 inch tablet has the similar great display, thinness, and light weight of the Tab S2? The Amazon Fire HD seems like a step down. Thanks....

Reg19878

Prominent
Mar 19, 2022
The Tab S2 is a great 8 inch tablet with outstanding resolution. Originally bought as a Barnes & Noble Nook. My worry is what to replace it with, when needed? There doesn't seem to be any 8-9 inch tablets with similar specs available......Ron