whenever I switch on my pc - msi U230 the sleep mode light only comes on. There is light on the "On" button also. Nothing el

Lalitha Thiagarajan

Commendable
May 8, 2016
Lalitha Thiagarajan

Whenever I switch on my pc - msi U230 - the sleep mode light only comes on. There is light on the "On" button also. Nothing else is happening. My pc is sitting idle for the last 2 weeks. Every day, I am religiously switching on the pc a few times - no luck so far.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards.

Lalitha Thiagarajan

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If this will not work, do test the AC adapter if it's working properly. Remove the battery and power the laptop with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will boot up or not. do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- Proceed with reseating the RAM's if trying a different AC adapter will not work, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will still not work, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. If there's a display on the external monitor that could mean that the problem is the built in display.
- But if there's still no display on the external monitor that means the problem lies in the motherboard.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Squabbie13 Laptop Tech Support 2
antopj Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 8
D Laptop Tech Support 4
Redlikethesea Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 1
Jinx forth foeva Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 0
Pharoah742000 Laptop Tech Support 0