Where do I find the best iPad Air 2 Lock?

SeniorStud

Estimable
Nov 11, 2014
I recently updated from no ipad to the ipad air 2. My kids were pressuring me to get one so that we can use FaceTime, which seemed like a silly investment but I did it anyway. Now I have this new iPad which was very expensive, and I would like to make sure that it stays in my possession. I audit some classes and take it with me, but usually I leave it at home in the home office.My son has told me he is going to buy me an iPad lock from here http://www.maclocks.com/i-pad-lock/ipad-5-locks/cling-on-ipad-air-2-stand-new-ipad-lock.html. I would like to know if anyone who has a bit more experience knows if there is anything better available. Since this is a matter of security, money is not an issue. Thank you in advance.

Solution
Well, uh, if this is a matter of security, then that "lock" is not really going to help you. That is just a stand to hold the iPad up, unless I'm mistaken. If you are interested in the security of your device, the best thing you can do is to register the device with Apple and link it up to your account, because they offer a tracking service (at least, they do for phones). You'll also want to use a passcode for it, of course.

After that, you'll probably want to look into various security and contingency apps. There are many that allow you to remotely lock your device, or wipe all the data from it. Others take a picture of the person trying to access it and emails it to you.

Most importantly, just try to take care of it and not be...
Well, uh, if this is a matter of security, then that "lock" is not really going to help you. That is just a stand to hold the iPad up, unless I'm mistaken. If you are interested in the security of your device, the best thing you can do is to register the device with Apple and link it up to your account, because they offer a tracking service (at least, they do for phones). You'll also want to use a passcode for it, of course.

After that, you'll probably want to look into various security and contingency apps. There are many that allow you to remotely lock your device, or wipe all the data from it. Others take a picture of the person trying to access it and emails it to you.

Most importantly, just try to take care of it and not be careless with it. There's not much else you can do.

Solution