where should i get windows 10 operating if it is not pre installed on my new LENOVO laptop?

khangm1955

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
I bought a new LENOVO laptop which doesnt have pre installed windows operating system...Kindly suggest an authentic source to download or install it

Solution

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Download the tool create a bootable usb stick and install windows. Then go and get the drivers from the lenovo site and you are up and running. Get a product key whenever you want to get rid of the annoying your windows is not activated watermark. Windows 10 will run forever unactivated just annoy you sometimes that it wants to be activated.

khangm1955

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
Can i use the OS cd of my friend who is having the same as he got it alongwith his own laptop which had a preinstalled OS but got the CD as a backup or something? how much would the installtion online or at a service centre cost me?

does the laptop have windows 10 key on it?? or was it sold new with no os. if it had no os on it the easy fix is use a 8g usb stick and the windows media creation tool. make you a full windows 10 iso. (have both 32 and 64 bit windows home and pro). all you then do is buy the key from microsoft. boot from the usb stick install the key and your done.

khangm1955 asked:

"Can i use the OS cd of my friend who is having the same as he got it alongwith his own laptop which had a preinstalled OS but got the CD as a backup or something? how much would the installtion online or at a service centre cost me?"

You cannot use your friends recovery disc that was supplied with his laptop.

That recovery disc is only for that laptop.

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Download the tool create a bootable usb stick and install windows. Then go and get the drivers from the lenovo site and you are up and running. Get a product key whenever you want to get rid of the annoying your windows is not activated watermark. Windows 10 will run forever unactivated just annoy you sometimes that it wants to be activated.

Solution