where should i put my stuff 1ssd and 2hdd gameing computer

lad6

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
trying to figure out where i should put my stuff. i have 1hdd that is 72000 rpm and the other one is a normal one. i have my os on my ssd. where should i put my programs like steam, antivirus, printer, games,applications etc. and can you tell me why trying to learn in the process thanks a bunch :)

Solution
I would install the applications in question on the SSD since the applications will open faster and store data files on one of the other drives to conserve space on the SSD. I'm not a gamer but have read that game start times and map loading, etc. is faster on an SSD but that game play is not necessarily improved. Don't take my word for it though since I have no experience with gaming. If the SSD drive starts to fill up then you can, in most cases, install applications on the hard drive. It will take a little work for this but it is not difficult. Usually involves creating the Program Files (x86) and Program Files folders on the HDD and then selecting the appropriate Program Files folder on the HDD during installation. Not all...
So, you would have a total of three drives. What is the storage capacity of the SSD? This will make a difference in the recommendations for what to store and where. One thing to keep in mind is that you need to keep somewhere between 10 and 20% of the SSD drive space free for optimal performance. The 7200 RPM is a normal hard drive so I'm not sure what you mean by "the other one is a normal one". Most laptop mechanical drives spin at 5400 RPM and most mechanical desktop drives spin at 7200 RPM while some "high speed" drives spin at 10,000 RPM.

lad6

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013

the sdd is 238 gb and the other hdd i would imagine is 5,400 rpm i would imagine cause its not fast.

I would install the applications in question on the SSD since the applications will open faster and store data files on one of the other drives to conserve space on the SSD. I'm not a gamer but have read that game start times and map loading, etc. is faster on an SSD but that game play is not necessarily improved. Don't take my word for it though since I have no experience with gaming. If the SSD drive starts to fill up then you can, in most cases, install applications on the hard drive. It will take a little work for this but it is not difficult. Usually involves creating the Program Files (x86) and Program Files folders on the HDD and then selecting the appropriate Program Files folder on the HDD during installation. Not all applications will allow you to do this though.

Solution