News Where to buy Lysol wipes: These retailers still have stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2020
The places mentioned in the article are already out of stock. If you come up with other retailers with new inventory, please share! I'm sending my kids to seated school in a few weeks and there are no disinfecting wipes in stock ANYWHERE. I might rethink homeschooling...

tshehan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I would encourage you to be wary of this particular Lysol product. It does not contain sodium hypochlorite (bleach), at least 62% alcohol, or hydrogen peroxide. Those three active ingredients have been demonstrated to be most effective against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19). https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0195670120300463

I'm happy to report that the quaternary ammonium this product line uses is actually on the lists as effective against COVID19, and have been for quite a while now. Definitely effective.

Oct 10, 2020
The places mentioned in the article are already out of stock. If you come up with other retailers with new inventory, please share! I'm sending my kids to seated school in a few weeks and there are no disinfecting wipes in stock ANYWHERE. I might rethink homeschooling...
Everyone is thinking of benzalkonium wipes when you can also consider buying the solution. You can buy benzalkonium chloride in spray bottles and it's much cheaper and more easily available than benzalkonium wipes such as Lysol and Clorox, which are almost never available. Try In-Cide at Walmart, $18.15 for 2 one quart bottles with a sprayer. It will outlast even a Trump-prolonged pandemic. I like applying it with small microfiber towels, widely available. Remember, alcohol wipes and solution, readily available, kill the coronavirus immediately. Benzalkonium needs a minute on a surface to do the job. DH, MD

Status
Not open for further replies.