News Where to buy Nvidia RTX 3070: Latest stock ups

STbob

Honorable
Feb 3, 2015
This is a useless article. Where to find a RTX 3070 lol maybe in fantasy land.

Best Buy does get them in but snapped up in 1 second off their web site. Why? Because Best buy prefers to have is business model a free for all.

Its not first come first served at all. Its just based on LUCK. You could search for 2 months then have a buddy that has done ZERO work buy a card before you based on luck that he happened to be on their web site the right day right time.

Best Buy and others
  • No way to get auto emails when product is in
  • No way to pre pay to reserve yourself in line to get the next one.
  • etc...

What they should do it the web site is offer to reserve a card based on money you pre pay. Then make a list based on the Time/date and not a free for all.

example.
Jon Doe pays 499.00 in Jan 2021 to best buy the reserve his card. He is number 120 on the list of people.

Best buy gets in 20 card per week. So Jon can now estimate when he will get his card. Like 6 weeks. No one gets to cut in line ahead of him this way.

If you find a card some place else just cancel that best buy order and they adjust the chronological wait list. Its the way it works for most things. I buy foot game tickets I dont get there and fight for the seat I paid for based on luck like Best buy does with Video cards.

Toms Guide basically only can say "Good luck" cause we are not help.

How about Toms Guide put some pressure on companies to change the selling practices vs posting "gee we can't help much"

Jul 15, 2021
If this is an American site why are three sites .co.uk? And Fry’s is a dead site and company. If you’re the top guy at finding cards. I’ll never find one.