News Where to buy PS5 — stock coming in today

Nov 25, 2020
It's ridiculous. Tried every time, it's vanished as soon I clicked to put it in my cart. It's totally ridiculous. I quit.

Jul 24, 2020
Yep. Let me know in January when Best Buy has a huge stack of 'em in the brick & mortar store. I got better ways to waste my time 'til then.

BadAsAl

Distinguished
I don't think it is amoral to buy something and sell it for more than you paid. Who are you taking advantage of? The poor parent who wants one for their kid isn't going to get it even if it was $99? No, you are selling them to people with more money than patience. It is a luxury item after all. But this also raises another point. Sony and Microsoft know these consoles are worth more than $499 so why are they not selling them for what they are worth? If they charged $1499 they would find the same buyers who are buying them off private sellers and instead of the profits going to someone designing bots, it would go to the company making the console, who could then use that money to develop the next gen hardware.

Jan 9, 2021
I just wanted to say don't go crazy trying to get a PS5 you will be able to get one soon. I felt the same way as most that I really wanted one. I didn't get one on 11/12 but shortly after when they had another restock I was able to grab a console version (w/ disc) off of Walmart.com. I wasn't even trying too hard as I figured it was a lost cause. Just using my iPhone I finally got it in my cart, checked out and it actually showed up (about a week later). I have three PS4s in the house and some XBox Ones. I have twin 10 year old boys and they really wanted it but the initial excitement has since wore off. They are still using the PS4s in their rooms because the games they are playing are on both platforms. We have two nice racing seats with Fanatec wheels and I play Dirt 5. However, Dirt 5 doesn't even really support the Fanatec wheels yet. Their update supports others but not Fanatec at the time of this post but the wheel can still be used in another mode. I am waiting for GT 7 which should be worth it. But PS5 only games that utilize the hardware just aren't out yet, with a few exceptions. So definitely do not overpay for a unit and they will be coming in.

Jan 15, 2021
I don't think it is amoral to buy something and sell it for more than you paid. Who are you taking advantage of? The poor parent who wants one for their kid isn't going to get it even if it was $99? No, you are selling them to people with more money than patience. It is a luxury item after all. But this also raises another point. Sony and Microsoft know these consoles are worth more than $499 so why are they not selling them for what they are worth? If they charged $1499 they would find the same buyers who are buying them off private sellers and instead of the profits going to someone designing bots, it would go to the company making the console, who could then use that money to develop the next gen hardware.
Made an account just to reply to this comment. What's the deal with people nowadays, are you a scalper yourself?. There's something called Maximum Retail Price, one of the most important reasons why it exists is for goods to be sold at a reasonable fair price and have some order in the markets. When you support the idea of scalpers taking advantage of the system and creating scarcity of a product they don't manufacture nor have the proper permissions to sell it, it's dumb. You ask who are you taking advantage of? you are removing supply from the table that otherwise would end up in the hands of who truly wants it, it wouldn't even be about patience if the product wasn't taken to be resold in the first place. And the worth of the product would remain the same. So... nope... think again, think better.

Jan 9, 2021
Made an account just to reply to this comment. What's the deal with people nowadays, are you a scalper yourself?. There's something called Maximum Retail Price, one of the most important reasons why it exists is for goods to be sold at a reasonable fair price and have some order in the markets. When you support the idea of scalpers taking advantage of the system and creating scarcity of a product they don't manufacture nor have the proper permissions to sell it, it's dumb. You ask who are you taking advantage of? you are removing supply from the table that otherwise would end up in the hands of who truly wants it, it wouldn't even be about patience if the product wasn't taken to be resold in the first place. And the worth of the product would remain the same. So... nope... think again, think better.
If the consoles sold for $1499 then their wouldn't be a PlayStation or XBox. Definitely taking advantage of the parents that could have had a unit for their kids much sooner if it wasn't for the scalpers and the bots scooping them up. In addition they are hurting the consoles regardless because it's the users keeping the systems going by getting the games. Paying $1499 potentially will limit the funds for game purchases after that price for the console. Without the games being purchased see how long a console lives. People don't really think about the big picture Zylverius and people like BadAsAI will never get it.