Which 2-1 and should I reformat the hard drive?

RealBboy360

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
I'm more a desktop guy and like to pick parts, but I gotta get a laptop for someone. There are some cool 2-1s like asus at bestbuy. Could maybe do the yoga 3 but it costs a bit more. I just want it to flip over in a few positions and have touch.

Might be better to get a 2-1 and put a samsung ssd in it and toss the old hd. I don't know if that would be cost effective. Also these laptops that say the have a ssd, should I trust they are good ssds? But should I format the HD anyway, I have some extra windows8 licenses, so that's not an issue. Also do I need some of the hardware specific software installed? Say to control the laptop? Could I reinstall that after a new format? That way I'd remove the crapware instead.

psycrow395

Honorable
Feb 13, 2012
hello there i dont know much about 2 in 1 because i personally think they are retarted but i know lenovo has better technical support than asus so if you ever need to get it fixed plus i think the yoga series has been around longer than any of the ASUS 2 in 1 which means they have better experience so my vote would be for the yoga3 and its hard to say if the SSD's that come preinstalled in laptops if they are a good brand or something cheap i dont know without opening one up and looking at it but really with and SSD it comes down to the nand and the controller when it comes to quality. now i will tell you no matter what the cost an SSD is always a good choice for your operating system even if you use it for nothing else. now as far as formatting the old HD thats up to you, you can always use it as an external hard drive, i would see what specific software is preinstalled on the laptop you might want to keep like for example a battery manager or an nvidia control panel or backlit keyboard software etc etc then you could always google for the software if you need it again. anyways i hope this helps