Which amplifier should I use?

Vukasaurus

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017
So I have some old KLH speakers that I'd really like to use with a 3.5mm jack. I need to get an amplifier for them but I know zero about all that goes into making the speakers function, not blowout, have enough power, etc. I have two of these speakers, each of them with a recommended amp power of 5-40 watts, Impedance of 4-6 Ohms, and a frequency response of 90Hz-20Khz. I've found affordable amps on Amazon like this: https://tinyurl.com/yapetnrf But I'm not sure if it's powerful / not powerful enough.

Any help or recommended amplifiers would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
If your need something small then get a more powerful Lepai digital amp. Most of them have over rated power specs so it's better to go higher than lower.
Not as good as an old school stereo receiver but smaller. A 20 watt per channel receiver will be more powerful than most 50 watt mini amps.

Vukasaurus

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017

That's a good idea however I was hoping for something smaller like the one I linked - and I'm just guessing but aren't home stereos typically pretty big?

If your need something small then get a more powerful Lepai digital amp. Most of them have over rated power specs so it's better to go higher than lower.
Not as good as an old school stereo receiver but smaller. A 20 watt per channel receiver will be more powerful than most 50 watt mini amps.

Solution