Which Antivirus software and Ad problems

ImCrawfy

Estimable
Jan 28, 2015
I'm here to ask about which is the best antivirus software out there at the moment? I don't really want to spend any money but I also want my computer to be protected, any ideas?

I also have started getting ads popping up on the internet which I have tried to get rid of but they're not going, should I try and re-install Google Chrome would that help?

In my opinion, uninstalling Google Chrome would help a lot just by itself. Firefox is the superior browser and only opens new tabs not new instances of the entire programme when you want more than one page at a time.

When you bought a Windows system, you paid for Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Defender and that makes them the best and cheapest. MS gets hacked and identifies the threat first. Do you think they bother to tell Norton, McAfee and the rest of the gang before they fix their own product?.

ImCrawfy

Estimable
Jan 28, 2015

i have ran the test and removed everything that was found but ads are still popping up? any other ideas?

and ill just uninstall Chrome then:wahoo:

T0tesMagotes

Estimable
Jan 27, 2015
actually, Instead of getting rid of chrome, install the adblock plus extension. On this page alone, it removed 27 ad scripts from the page. it also blocks YouTube ads, which is a plus. They have versions of it for Chrome, Safari IE, Opera, Android, and Yandex.

https://adblockplus.org/

T0tesMagotes

Estimable
Jan 27, 2015

Well, AVAST! has Loads of ads. like, entirely too many. when My dad's machine hangs, it's AVAST! loading ad content. He insists on using that abomination...