Which DSLR Camera Brand is better for Shooting Videos

Hanse_16

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016
I need a DSLR that will shoot Video with a cleanHDMI out and good Video shooting quality it has to be very professional and very clear I am down to either the Panasonic GH4,GH3 or Canon 7D Mark II I need too pay no more than 999 USD and need 1080p with NTSB any suggestions . I need expert advice. any help would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks -Hanse

Solution

Hi Hanse.
If you don't need 4k, I would suggest you get the gh3. It is faster focusing and more accurate at tracking movement than the Canon. For still images (photos) I used to shoot Canon and now shoot Nikon. I recently had to evaluate a number of solutions to record events and simultaneously stream to multiple TVs around the venue. I tried a few high end cam-corders, a few...

bjornl

Estimable

Hi Hanse.
If you don't need 4k, I would suggest you get the gh3. It is faster focusing and more accurate at tracking movement than the Canon. For still images (photos) I used to shoot Canon and now shoot Nikon. I recently had to evaluate a number of solutions to record events and simultaneously stream to multiple TVs around the venue. I tried a few high end cam-corders, a few pro-level cameras and a GH3 and GH3. I ended up renting the GH4 for a while and liked it a lot. But when I tried working with 4k video files I decided I didn't need that and high-bitrate 1080p would be fine. I bought a GH3 and a couple of nice lenses for it and some other peripherals for audio (I get it straight from our sound board via an XLR cable instead of the built in mic).

In video, I think the GH series will produce the best results in any situation where you need auto-focus to be fast and reliable. If you don't need AF (you plan to focus manually, use some sort of 'follow-focus device, or shoot at fixed locations, use very broad DOF (so focus speed is less of an issue) then your best results will be with a Canon or Nikon full-frame camera, both of which are used in very high end commercial work.

Solution