Which Gaming Headsets to buy under $100?

Jeffrey Ronald

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
Hey Guys,
I am planning to buy a gaming headset for less than $100 this coming Christmas.
I am looking for headsets that match the following criteria: 1. 7.1 Surround sound
2. Microphone
I have the following Headsets in mind:
1. http://www.amazon.com/Force-Headset-Channel-Surround-Playstation-3/dp/B0042Y2F76
2. http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-GameCom-780-Surround-Headset/dp/B00B1KJK22/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373707484&sr=8-1&keywords=Plantronics+GameCom+780

Please help me choose one of the above or suggest anything else which you may think is better (stating the pros and cons)

Thanking you all,
Jeffrey

Solution
I can't recommend much based on the 7.1 req but the ear force 21's are horribly prone to snapping at the ear swivels, I owned two turtle beach headsets (the p21 and the z1 both of which have that same swivel) and it was the thing that would break constantly on each one. I'm now using the turtle beach x12's which I have been able to literally sit on (tested it because a friend recommended me that model claiming he stepped on them and they were ok) and they were unharmed, but they are not 7.1 surround.

xroe

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
I can't recommend much based on the 7.1 req but the ear force 21's are horribly prone to snapping at the ear swivels, I owned two turtle beach headsets (the p21 and the z1 both of which have that same swivel) and it was the thing that would break constantly on each one. I'm now using the turtle beach x12's which I have been able to literally sit on (tested it because a friend recommended me that model claiming he stepped on them and they were ok) and they were unharmed, but they are not 7.1 surround.

Solution

JJ1217

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
I have some 780's coming in soon. I heard they are pretty good, 7.1, but only through USB which can be considered as a disadvantage especially if you have a soundcard. I would never trust Turtle beaches with any PC headset, for me, they are strictly a console gaming icon. there are so many better brands to choose from against them.