Which Internet service provider to choose?

Brandon138

Estimable
Nov 4, 2015
I'm moving into a new apartment in NE GA and have never chosen my own internet before. I understand my options are limited for my area, but ignoring that, which providers would you all suggest? I'm looking for a relatively fast service, but also reliable. Any suggestions on who to look at and who to stay away from? I have Charter in mind at the moment.

Also, I wasn't planning on getting a TV service, but would I be better off getting a TV/Internet service rather than just Internet?

Thanks

Solution

If there's any local ISP in your area, go for that. All the National ISPs suck, like charter. They are the reason the FCC needed to reclassify broadband as a utility and why the US is on the slower side of internet speed and pay more on average.

thor220

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009

If there's any local ISP in your area, go for that. All the National ISPs suck, like charter. They are the reason the FCC needed to reclassify broadband as a utility and why the US is on the slower side of internet speed and pay more on average.

Solution

Brandon138

Estimable
Nov 4, 2015

I know, I was just looking to get broad answers/suggestions and then narrow it down by my choices.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Well, it does no good for me to suggest Verizon FiOS, if that is not available at your house.

If it IS available, get that.