Which is better bluetooth or aux ?

MugiwaraX

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
Hello guys

I just bought Mdr 1000x and i was just woundring wich is better bluetooth or wired (aux) for better sound quality
And one more question if i had a hi-fi on my phone will it give me better experience ?

Thanks.

Solution
According to what I have read about BT is the music is streamed in a compressed format. Some of the stream data is lost during transmission. This will definitely affect the quality of sound coming out of the device. That being said, if the MDR 1000x is aptX compatible and your phone has a qualcomm processor in it (many android phones do, iphones not so much), it will provide practically lossless streaming to the headphones. But it MUST have aptX processors on BOTH sides. With all that being said, AUX is wired connection and lossless by default. Its disadvantage is that you are now "tethered" to your device.

hallby81

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
According to what I have read about BT is the music is streamed in a compressed format. Some of the stream data is lost during transmission. This will definitely affect the quality of sound coming out of the device. That being said, if the MDR 1000x is aptX compatible and your phone has a qualcomm processor in it (many android phones do, iphones not so much), it will provide practically lossless streaming to the headphones. But it MUST have aptX processors on BOTH sides. With all that being said, AUX is wired connection and lossless by default. Its disadvantage is that you are now "tethered" to your device.

Solution