Ishveet Singh

Estimable
May 7, 2015
i want to buy laptop for gaming and some college work so which one is better hp envy 15-ae009tx or lenovo y50-70???or any other one at that price which can last for 3 years

Solution
The lenovo one has a better card but the hp has 9 series. Still 950 is no match for 860. plus you get is a better processor. The only problem is lenovo has after sales issue in india. Hp has a better after sales service.

Diganta Das

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013
The lenovo one has a better card but the hp has 9 series. Still 950 is no match for 860. plus you get is a better processor. The only problem is lenovo has after sales issue in india. Hp has a better after sales service.

Solution

Diganta Das

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013

Look, my distant brother has one lenovo, that he bought a year ago and is using it now. Its a great lappy but there is my uncle who bought one alike 6 month ago and it started showing problems with hdd but customer excecutive are deniying to replace it due to customer fault( don't know how it's a customer fault). So by specs Lenovo is great.
But i'd recommend it only if you can take good care of it, cause once it's damaged it's a heck of a job to get help. On the other side, HP has awesome after sales service, but these specs are not upto the mark.

Diganta Das

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013

As for these two laptops i'll leave the choice to you. You have to decide between good after sales service or good specs( much better actually).

g1abhi

Estimable
Herald
Jun 13, 2015
My roomie has the y50 70 . Good gaming performance but thats all. The build quality is bad. The plastic at the hinges at back and the side plastics which look like lamborghini exhaust have broken in 6 months. The screen is not so bad. ONly noticeable while there is a white background or in surfing or reading , since white color comes kinda creme. Not at all an issue in gaming. Fine color reproduction in that. after sales is also fine and comparable to hp now . In my honest opinion buy the one which gives you the longest warranty . My friend got 3 years onsite, since he bought it at launch. Try to get that , or wait for diwali. That time you will surely get 3 year onsite for free. Dont bother for changing the screens , you will void the warranty which you really would regret in this one.
Oh yeah , his ram also got corrupt within 3 months. But these thing depend on ones luck. Thats what warranties are for. Hp also have some issues sometimes from the beginning.

g1abhi

Estimable
Herald
Jun 13, 2015
Also is there any Dell alternative ? their after sales is the best , HP is kinda miser in warranty onsite and usually changes parts after fully checking that the part is faulty , that means more headache for you. They dont even chnage fans in first time. would say to service first then , change if issue persists

TRENDING THREADS