which is better option between i3 5th or i3 6th gen

rony_jkr

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016
my budget is very low, which will be better for graphics design between core i3 5h generation /core i3 6t generation ? Or i have to think for another option ?

Solution
Well, laptops don't have much choice for CPU's. I guess you will have to do with the best option possible. Remember building your own computer is almost always cheaper than a laptop.
If you have to choose a laptop, take the one with the largest amount of memory, or get the cheapest and buy some extra ram. If possible get a SSD, or a hybrid SSD if you only have space for 1 disk.

bootcher

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
For graphic design you will want enough ram, and if possible a large SSD. Enough ram to load all files in ram and have enough 'undo' options saved without needing to write to disk, and large SSD's to quickly read/write large files.

Since many programs make good use of multiple cores (such as Adobe CS), for graphic design on a budget I would choose an AMD 8-core over an i3.

bootcher

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
Well, laptops don't have much choice for CPU's. I guess you will have to do with the best option possible. Remember building your own computer is almost always cheaper than a laptop.
If you have to choose a laptop, take the one with the largest amount of memory, or get the cheapest and buy some extra ram. If possible get a SSD, or a hybrid SSD if you only have space for 1 disk.

Solution

TerryLaze

Commendable
May 9, 2016

They only use multiple cores for a very limited number of filters(with most of them also being able to run on GPU) ,everything else runs on one core,especially if he is talking CAD/CAM, making the i3 the better choice,try to go 6th gen and if you can wait even kabylake.