Solved! Which is the better buy?

Feb 22, 2020
Sorry I did not see a Desktop forum. But I was looking for advice in terms of which would be better to get.

Currently I am looking to buy a spare pc for either my personal use(programming, streaming, mail, web, etc...) or to use as a plex server

There are two variants i could buy. One with intel i5 quad core 4590 or the intel i7 quad core 4790s.

the only thing is that the pc with the I7 i can only upgrade the ram to 16gb and the i5 to 32gb.

the prices are relatively the same, maybe like 30-40 diff between the i7 and i5.

Would you think the i5 and 32gb ram is a better buy than the i7 with 16gb ram?

Solution
Just because the systems come with that much RAM does not mean you can't upgrade it later. I would not worry much about a 4th gen system with 16gb of RAM vs 32, unless you run a lot of virtual machines on it at once. The system with the i7 CPU should have the ability to use as much RAM as the i5 system.
Just because the systems come with that much RAM does not mean you can't upgrade it later. I would not worry much about a 4th gen system with 16gb of RAM vs 32, unless you run a lot of virtual machines on it at once. The system with the i7 CPU should have the ability to use as much RAM as the i5 system.

Solution