Which Laptop is right for me?

spencer_clark30

Estimable
Oct 20, 2015
I've recently been looking for a better laptop to head off to college with. It would be used for a lot of web surfing and possibly gaming such as fallout series. I'd prefer an hp for the price and reliability I've had in the past, but other things I'd consider too. I have an itch to have about the best of what I can get so I'll list some things I'd like. A screen between 14-17 inches, a high performance processor such as A10 or I7. Touchscreen very preferably. At least 8 gb of ram or easily expandable. A hard drive of 750 GB or more preferably. I'd like it to have good sound output and programs (such as beats for HP). Some things I'm not too strict on is a DVD Drive and bluetooth, and if its possible to have a backlit keyboard. I'd like to have all this for about $500 with a little wiggle room, but not much. It's ok if its refurbished or used lightly as long as its in good mechanical and physical condition. Thanks

Solution
If you want a sturdy laptop and are OK with a used one, look for a Lenovo T420 or T430, they will handle low end games and some may have add-on video cards No fancy doodads like touchscreen or backlit keyboard, but some of the best construction and parts quality you can get in a laptop. The mostly come with a Core i5 CPU which is faster than the A10 (except in video) but bellow i7 depending on the generation.
If you want a sturdy laptop and are OK with a used one, look for a Lenovo T420 or T430, they will handle low end games and some may have add-on video cards No fancy doodads like touchscreen or backlit keyboard, but some of the best construction and parts quality you can get in a laptop. The mostly come with a Core i5 CPU which is faster than the A10 (except in video) but bellow i7 depending on the generation.

Solution