Which laptop should I pick? Alienware-Asus-Lenovo

mhoneey

Estimable
Aug 31, 2014
Hi! I dont know which laptop to get so please help me pick. I want to use it for gaming, primarily mmorpgs, and I want a clear screen that I can see stock charts on, and I will also be using it for university, bringing it to university, and streaming movies & listening to music.

Here are the ones that I've found interest in:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231808

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834317538

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834300150

Solution
I would go with the ASUS ROG G550JK-DS71 because You get a free software bundle, and The overall graphics are better, The customer support is really good with ASUS, and it has a better processor.

SpaceCreation

Estimable
Jul 27, 2014
I would go with the ASUS ROG G550JK-DS71 because You get a free software bundle, and The overall graphics are better, The customer support is really good with ASUS, and it has a better processor.

Solution

ZeusGamer

Estimable
Jul 9, 2014

Actually, the 860M with Lenovo is better than 850M in Asus.

But I agree, Asus does have a very good customer service.

mhoneey

Estimable
Aug 31, 2014
The software bundle wont I get anyway because I am not going to buy from newegg, I just linked from that site because I am going to buy from another country where I live. Yea I know the lenvo has +10m which is better game performance wise I think, but on the other side the asus looks better and offers better support + they come with this asus web storage that I believe is cool, in addition the lenovo one is said to have a screen close to garbage, any ideas? HELP ME PICK

mhoneey

Estimable
Aug 31, 2014

Btw I just found out that the ASUS G550JK does not work to use with SSD, I was thinking buying an SSD to run 8.1 with in order to get a faster computer.. how about that?

mhoneey

Estimable
Aug 31, 2014

what is good?

which computer should i pick :((
the alienware has hybrid hd so i can run os from ssd to make it faster, but it only has gt750,
and the asus is good looking and stuff but u cant replace the battery if it breaks and u cant use ssd, the lenovo display sucks but i can buy another version with ips with its pretty expensive like additional 250$, i can also buy another version of the asus i saw that has 16gb ram which i dont need but it has 256gb ssd.. and a cost of +250$ or so.. help me? i wont be playing games like crysis/battlefield 4 just games like wow, archeage

ZeusGamer

Estimable
Jul 9, 2014

Your best bet is the Asus one.

I would go with the asus as it has better reputation for gaming laptops than lenovo as they are more focused on business users. Also it uses ddrl3 which is a low powered ram which is worse than ddr3. Plus you won't really notice the difference in performance unless you really push all these laptops to its limits.

girdwood

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
The ASUS does work with an SSD, I have a 750 GB Samsung 840 EVO installed in my G550JK. It is a HUGE difference. The SSD also comes with the HD copy software, made it easier.

EDIT, my bad, I did not see how old of a thread this was.