Which laptop to get?

Epipsychidion

Estimable
Sep 22, 2014
Hey all,

I'm a bit confused over here and hoping someone can help. I need a new laptop and am torn between two models at the top of my £350 budget.

The first is the Acer Extensa 2510 34Z4 - it has a pretty good review here: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Extensa-2510-34Z4-Notebook-Review.125100.0.html It seems to have everything I need: decent processor, long battery life, fair performance for older games.

I was about to get it, but then I found the Lenovo G500 for around the same price. It seems to be offering more on the processor side, as well as 8GB RAM and a 1TB HDD. But the battery seems worse, and I can't find any professional reviews, just the ones on the Amazon page: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00H3AV8QU?vs=1

So what I'd like to ask is: is the Lenovo significantly better than the Acer, given I won't need it for high-spec gaming/photoediting etc.? I liked the Acer as it's smaller (more portable) and apparently has a good battery/doesn't overheat. But does the Lenovo's higher specs futureproof it a bit more? Or is there anything in the specs/reputation of either which should give me pause for thought?

Any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks very much to all who answer! :)

Solution
I would get the Asus one as it is more powerful and you can get another stick or RAm fro the machine fairly cheaply and it will mean that you have a more powerful CPU/GPU combination with just as much RAM, better battery life but a smaller hard drive

Nuckles_56

Estimable
May 25, 2014
I would get the Asus one as it is more powerful and you can get another stick or RAm fro the machine fairly cheaply and it will mean that you have a more powerful CPU/GPU combination with just as much RAM, better battery life but a smaller hard drive

Solution

Epipsychidion

Estimable
Sep 22, 2014
Hah, fair enough. What's a better term for "keeping my options open in case a new, moderately demanding game or program that I want to get comes out in future"? :p

Thanks to you both for replying btw. :)