Which laptop would be best suited in this situation?

Wieck

Estimable
Jul 26, 2015
Hi, I am planning to travel back to Korea during my university semester break, staying for 2 whole months. I was planning to get a laptop which I can do some gaming, broadcast and also rendering videos with. However most of the laptops I have looked into weigh a lot. Could anyone please suggest one that can do the above while not being really heavy? Screen size doesn't really matter as I will be plugging into an external monitor. Thank you in advance.

xDeuiii

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
Fill these out for more precise recommendations:

1. What is your budget?

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

3. What screen resolution do you want?

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

5. How much battery life do you need?

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13. What country do you live in?

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Wieck

Estimable
Jul 26, 2015

1. My budget would be anything up to 2000$ usd

2. I would prefer a smaller screen size, so around 15/14 inches or smaller

3. I heard that screen resolution can make an impact on battery life so 1920 x 1080 would be ideal

4. The laptop I am looking for is only a substitute for when I travel overseas as I will not be able to gain access to my PC

5. Basically the longer the better while under load

6. I'm not really a heavy gamer but I have been playing a lot of Overwatch lately and I would the laptop to be able to run it at around medium - high settings.

7. The main tasks which the laptop will mainly conduct are video editing and and live broadcasting.

8. For storage, a single SSD between 200-500 Gb would be sufficient as I will bring a portable SSD with me to hold all the files I need.

9. None at the moment, but I would prefer sites that can ship internationally and a reliable one.

10. The laptop is just a substitute so I think around a year worth of time.

11. A DVD ROM/ writer will be enough

12. Any brand other than Alienware and Aorus would be great as laptops manufactured from these two are considered really heavy

13. I live in Hong Kong atm and I'm going back to Korea to visit my family

14. Thanks in advance !