Which laptop would be better? Similar specs (from what I can see), different price

Red Panda

Estimable
Jun 16, 2015
So I have been surfing for a new computer, and I have a dilemma between these two, they have different prices, but when I compare the specs between them they are very, very similar (I'm not a computer expert, please correct me if I'm wrong), and I wanted to make sure that I am making the right choice with this. Thanks for taking the time to read my question and for the help :D ! The links will be below:

Choice #1, ASUS GL551JW-DS71, currently at $1,066.03
http://www.xoticpc.com/asus-gl551jwds71-p-8096.html

Choice #2, ASUS GL551JW-DS74, currently at $1260.03
http://www.xoticpc.com/asus-gl551jwds74-p-8093.html

Solution
They are charging you $194 for the 128GB mSATA SSD in the second one. Your OS and commonly used programs would be stored on this, making the laptop and those programs start much faster than if they were kept on the 1tb HDD of the first model. You COULD buy the less expensive model and add an SSD yourself afterward to save some money (it appears prices on 128GB SSDs start at about $60US and go up to over $200US. I'm not sure of the differences in the various models). But then you'd have to go to the trouble of reinstalling the operating system onto the drive. If you're not 'into' doing such things, maybe you'd be better off buying the more expensive model with one already installed. I've never owned one myself, but the boot times of a...
They are charging you $194 for the 128GB mSATA SSD in the second one. Your OS and commonly used programs would be stored on this, making the laptop and those programs start much faster than if they were kept on the 1tb HDD of the first model. You COULD buy the less expensive model and add an SSD yourself afterward to save some money (it appears prices on 128GB SSDs start at about $60US and go up to over $200US. I'm not sure of the differences in the various models). But then you'd have to go to the trouble of reinstalling the operating system onto the drive. If you're not 'into' doing such things, maybe you'd be better off buying the more expensive model with one already installed. I've never owned one myself, but the boot times of a laptop equipped with one can be measured in seconds instead of minutes. They are a nice thing to have to save time.

Solution