Which Lenovo Series? High Performance, least expensive

NeonDaisy

Estimable
Sep 30, 2015
My dad's laptop crashed and i'm shopping for a new one. I have a Thinkpad W530 and love it, but it's out of his budget (around $800)

He's an architect and uses AutoCad so I want to get him the least expensive model with a fast processor, extra ram slots, SSD and touchscreen.

The W series is too expensive and the Flex I got my mom is great, but not gonna cut it.
Which one would you recommend? I see different series models with almost identical specs and don't know which one to get.

I want to stick with Lenovo because it' the best company laptop I've been issued and the best personal laptop I've owned and their customer support is amazing.

Solution
For CAD, if you can get a W530 for $800 that is a great price and that is about the price that any system that will work properly for an architect would be. Look for a used one, W520 maybe if you want to save some money. A used 1 or 2 year old Lenovo W would be better to get than any new system in that class I can think of.

I'm a big fan of the Lenovo T and W models (X also) as you found out they are very solidly constructed and reliable.
For CAD, if you can get a W530 for $800 that is a great price and that is about the price that any system that will work properly for an architect would be. Look for a used one, W520 maybe if you want to save some money. A used 1 or 2 year old Lenovo W would be better to get than any new system in that class I can think of.

I'm a big fan of the Lenovo T and W models (X also) as you found out they are very solidly constructed and reliable.

Solution