3. screen resolution ? HD? if possible

4. need portable desktop? just for travelling

5. How much battery life do you need? 8 hs minimum

6. games ? No games

7. other tasks ? photo-editing- youtube-web research-e-mail-fb-skype

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 2GB

9. Specific sites to buy from? in Canada

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 5-6 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? no idea...

12. the brands? don't really know, like Asus, Le Novo a lot but too expensive.

13. What country do you live in? Canada
14. I need it for travelling and at home to plug it into my HD TV.
Thanks A LOT !

Solution
I have an older Acer Aspire One and love it! By far the best $280 I have ever spent on an electronics item! I wouldn't go so far as to say that I would use it as my main, or only computer, but as something that compliments my desktop I could not be happier. It is light, gets 4-5hrs on a 3 cell battery, records audio, has a bright screen when it needs to be, gets excellent wireless reception, is very durable (I toss it around all the time), and it was only $280 so I dont need to worry about it walking away on me.

The origional plan was to buy it and then get a 12 cell batter for it (yes, they make one... it supposedly would get some 14+ hours of battery life on a charge lol). Then I saw it for $10 cheaper at Wally Mart and thought...

rangerjoe0

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2011
I have the asus 1015t and I love it. I've had it for almost a year and I've nevr had any problems. The HD4250 seems to beat Intel's integrated graphics and the HDMI port allows you to hook it up to your HDTV. The AMD V105 is pretty good for most non gaming operations and has a low voltage so longer battery life. I'm not sure it's under $300 but I'd say it's worth the extra money.

cristy

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011

Thanks a lot!

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
I have an older Acer Aspire One and love it! By far the best $280 I have ever spent on an electronics item! I wouldn't go so far as to say that I would use it as my main, or only computer, but as something that compliments my desktop I could not be happier. It is light, gets 4-5hrs on a 3 cell battery, records audio, has a bright screen when it needs to be, gets excellent wireless reception, is very durable (I toss it around all the time), and it was only $280 so I dont need to worry about it walking away on me.

The origional plan was to buy it and then get a 12 cell batter for it (yes, they make one... it supposedly would get some 14+ hours of battery life on a charge lol). Then I saw it for $10 cheaper at Wally Mart and thought "Score!". Fast forward 4 months and I am finally ready to buy the battery when I realize somethign terrible... the Walmart version is slightly modified so you cannot add the normal accessories to it! NOOOOOoooooooo......!
Long story short, never buy electronics from Walmart, they will always get you in the end. Fast forward 2 years, and it still gets 3-4 hours of battery life with simi-regular use (which is not bad considering it is 2 years old).

Hope it helps!

Solution

cristy

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011

It sure helped. Thanks!