which of these 2 laptops should i choose?

naikbadawi

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014
Hello, I need help as i'm really confused about which of these 2 laptops to choose from :

1. Lenovo E540

900 Euro - Quadcore I7 - 8GB ram - 6 hours of battery - nvidia 730m - dvd reader

2. Asus TP500LN

800 Euro - Dual core I7 - 8GB ram - 5 hours of battery - GeForce GT840 - (no dvd reader) - touchscreen

Both laptops have 15 inch display and have almost the same weight of 2.4Kg.

Thanks for your time.

Solution

The Asus will offer slightly better gaming performance (neither laptop is considered a "gaming laptop" to be fair). The Lenovo seems to have a better CPU though, so the performance difference in gaming won't be big, and the Lenovo will treat you better in other things that are more CPU intensive.

For you, I'd say go with the Lenovo. Just don't expect a lot out of it in terms of gaming capability. For your budget, you may be able to find a better all around laptop. Look into Clevo and MSI if you're not set on one of those two laptops you mentioned. :)

naikbadawi

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014

A bit of everything. Surfing the web, occasional gaming and i just enrolled in an undergraduate degree in software engineering.

The Asus will offer slightly better gaming performance (neither laptop is considered a "gaming laptop" to be fair). The Lenovo seems to have a better CPU though, so the performance difference in gaming won't be big, and the Lenovo will treat you better in other things that are more CPU intensive.

For you, I'd say go with the Lenovo. Just don't expect a lot out of it in terms of gaming capability. For your budget, you may be able to find a better all around laptop. Look into Clevo and MSI if you're not set on one of those two laptops you mentioned. :)

Solution

Bolin

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014

Agree 100%