Which one is better in terms of durability, battery life, build quality and performance

anurag58

Estimable
May 31, 2014
1) Dell Inspiron 3537
i5-4200U (1.6-2.5Ghz), 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD and 2GB Radeon HD 8670M

2) Lenovo ideapad Z510
i5-4200M (2.6-3.1GHz), 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD + 8GB SSD and 1GB Nvidia GT740M

Please tell me its urgent has to buy in couple of days..

And please also tell me can I off my GPU when not needed if Yes is this will give me better battery life and Is the company states the battery life with GPU on and CPU on maximum performace????

Thank You =D :D

Solution
I would choose the Lenovo of the two listed.
You will have Power/Performance profile options where you can modify the hardware behavior for better battery life or better performance (you can't have both at the same time)
When manufacturers describe battery life for marketing purposes, you are seeing minimal use (if any) from the CPU or graphics card - once those start running, battery time decreases substantially. In most cases, a laptop will run about 20-45 minutes on battery with high performance usage (like gaming) regardless of marketing hype
I would choose the Lenovo of the two listed.
You will have Power/Performance profile options where you can modify the hardware behavior for better battery life or better performance (you can't have both at the same time)
When manufacturers describe battery life for marketing purposes, you are seeing minimal use (if any) from the CPU or graphics card - once those start running, battery time decreases substantially. In most cases, a laptop will run about 20-45 minutes on battery with high performance usage (like gaming) regardless of marketing hype

Solution

anurag58

Estimable
May 31, 2014

Buddy Thank You for your response.
I am in a bit confusion for the Lenovo laptop that is that IS LENOVO LAPTOPS DURABLE. As I haven't heard anything about the durability of Lenovo. Please Please tell me your experience with Lenovo and your opinion towards Lenovo. Again Thank You..

I wouldn't have any hesitations in recommending a Lenovo. Although I have not owned a Lenovo, I did have an IBM Thinkpad which was one of my favorite laptops (lasted about 7 years). Lenovo bought out IBM's consumer PC division in 2005 and (in as far as my knowledge) has kept the same quality standards for the Ideapad and Thinkpad series. I would put the quality of Lenovo about the same as Dell
I will suggest looking at support available for your location since that may be a factor (and can vary by locale)

anurag58

Estimable
May 31, 2014

Thank you Buddy you give me a bit of relief to buy a lenovo one Just I was wondering of the quality and durability of the laptop.

Again Thank You