Which one of these laptops would you get

Beeso

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
I need one of these three for everyday/multimedia use and some casual gaming (league of legends , aion, path of exile ...etc).So which one of those three (only these three) would you recommend ?

•Acer v3-772g:
Intel core i7 4702 MQ
8gb ram
17" matte display FHD
Nvidia GT 750 gddr3
750 GB hdd

•lenovo y510
Intel core i7 4700 MQ
8gb ram
15.6" matte HD (I guess that's why they lowered the price)
Nvidia GT 750 gddr5
1TB hdd/8GB ssd

•lenovo z510 (cheapest one)
Core i7 4702MQ
8GB
15.6 matte FHD
Nvidia GT 740 gddr3
1TB hhd/8GB ssd

There is very little price difference between the acer and the y-510, this version of the y-510 is the cheapest I could find but it's still slightly more expensive than the acer.

If the y-510 was FHD with same price I would have absolutely picked it , but the lower resolution make me hesitate.

honestly there ain't much difference between em, an 8GB SSD isn't really that useful, normally 30-60GB is a decision breaker. the acer is going to have about 10-20 minutes higher battery life but be slower and is a 17", the lenovo is really what it says on the tin, but the lenovo Z has a slightly worse card.
what's your budget and your location - i'll see if I can find a better rig for the price

Beeso

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
I am on a very strict budget, and believe me I have been looking around for quite sometime researching allmy options and these three ae the best i could find here that are within my budget.

I was actually mostly going with the acer until I just found that cheaper version if the y-510 with a price very close to the acer , I'm really hesitant about the resolution.

The acer supposedly has good color and brightness and resolution obviously but not the best angles ( I can live with that ) but having read a lot of reviews about the y-510 and its display (the FHD version) it has better colors , however I always read that many online cation about the HD y-510 because this version not only has lower resolution but also "lower quality panel" so I wonder if that is true as I might be able to settle with a lower resolution as long as it has good brightness/contrast and great color vibrancy.

Beeso

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
To complicate matters a bit I think small but rather important detail slipped my mind is that the y510 has a gddr5 gt 750m ( still need to make sure) while the acer has the gddr3 variant. I have read that the gddr5 one is superior but even so wouldn't it be wasted in the lower HD display rather than a FHD display ?

LizardProtection

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013

oh my bad!
Well then, I don't think 8 GB SSD is deal breaker so...it all comes down to mobility. Will you be carrying it around? Will you be comfortable carrying 17" laptop? Check their weights and see which fits you the most. Hardware is pretty much similar so, get the one that's most comfortable for you.

Beeso

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
Well I would prefer the non SLI version for a couple if reasons :

1) I could do without the SLI performance
2)SLI is not available here
3) looking to avoid SLI dis advantages

I like the single gpu option because its still gddr5 as supposed to gddr3 in the acer, while being free of All the problems that come with SLI.But I read a lot about the possible wifi problems on the y510 and that can be very troublesome for me as I depend on wifi, so I was wandering if it is possible that this particular y510 has the better wifi card on it as this is a very new deal, and how can I make sure (it's online shop).

As for the asus n550j it is out of my budget.