which one you would prefer HP pavillion p001tx or Dell inspiron 3542 touchscreen

Charles Stevens

Estimable
Nov 26, 2014
Hey,
I was planning to buy a budget laptop,finalised these 2 but confused a bit now.

Both the laptop has almost same configurations except dell taking advantage on gpu and its touchscreen but HP look and feel is better than dell.And both of thems costs same.

Dell:
http://www.flipkart.com/dell-inspiron-3542-notebook-4th-gen-ci5-4gb-1tb-win8-1-2gb-graph-touch-3542541tb2bt/p/itmdybygvtgnjrfz

HP:
http://www.flipkart.com/hp-15-p001tx-notebook-4th-gen-ci5-4gb-1tb-win8-1-2gb-graph-g8d90pa/p/itmdxgrmagqwzqwa?pid=COMDXGRG2AGPP2MG&otracker=from-search&srno=t_1&query=hp+pavillion+p001tx&ref=28ebb426-9323-4fd6-9fe0-c4fd1a9d7f88

Basically i want a durable,reliable,better look n feel,compatible for litle bit gaming and extensive coding and developement work.

Guys please suggest.....
Thanks in advance

Solution
No doubt the HP is the better unit. Aside from the fact that HP makes better products than Dell, in my opinion, having owned several of both, it also has the same hardware but a better GPU, as you said. You had already answered your own question but I'll validate it. The HP will be the better unit. The GPU in the HP is much better than the HD integrated graphics of the Dell.
No doubt the HP is the better unit. Aside from the fact that HP makes better products than Dell, in my opinion, having owned several of both, it also has the same hardware but a better GPU, as you said. You had already answered your own question but I'll validate it. The HP will be the better unit. The GPU in the HP is much better than the HD integrated graphics of the Dell.

Solution
Well, since you notified me about updating the Dell link, it seems that unit has the 840m graphics, which is better than the 830m graphics on the HP so going strictly by hardware, the Dell is probably better but I've still had better experiences with HP products, especially laptops, than I have with Dell. Either way, for the same price, one probably isn't that much better than the other.