Which Security Software Should One Use?!

Unforgyven

Honorable
May 6, 2012
Regarding Windows 10,
Is there an antivirus/malware program that I should be using for home use?

Is there an advantage over free versus paid software?

Do the programs that the OS offer work just as well as third party software?

I appreciate any input. Thanks!

Bold font deleted by mod. (Please don't post your entire comment in bold.)

Solution
You can use the build in MS Security Essencials if you want but you are better off with a 3rd part.

I use AVG Free. Have for a very long time. Buying software VS Free ones usually just have extra stuff that most of the time you dont need unless you are paranoid. I know I tired quite a few different AV's with different viruses I had and honestly the only two that had anything slip though them was MS Security Essencials and ESET Nod32 which i use to support a lot until i found out it lets CryptoWall virus, which encrypts all your files and you have to pay to get them back unless you have a backup, though where as everything else caught it.

Doesn't matter if you are running windows 95 to windows 10 you always want AV protection though.

drtweak

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
You can use the build in MS Security Essencials if you want but you are better off with a 3rd part.

I use AVG Free. Have for a very long time. Buying software VS Free ones usually just have extra stuff that most of the time you dont need unless you are paranoid. I know I tired quite a few different AV's with different viruses I had and honestly the only two that had anything slip though them was MS Security Essencials and ESET Nod32 which i use to support a lot until i found out it lets CryptoWall virus, which encrypts all your files and you have to pay to get them back unless you have a backup, though where as everything else caught it.

Doesn't matter if you are running windows 95 to windows 10 you always want AV protection though.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS