samuel.pipolo26

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
So im building a PC (specs in my other thread comment on it) and I'm planning on buying a VR now I've done some research and the vive and the oculus rift are the ones I am most interested in. Now from what I can see the oculus cost less and has better remotes. While since the vive has been "out there" longer it has more titles available and has a better sensing area for the vr "world". These two are really killing me because I don't know what to get. The games I am most definently getting are mostly fps or in the genre of action so I'm wondering which would be a better choice. Now in payday I've seen the usually version were you just teleport around (vr version of course) but I've also seen a version which you can actually walk around without teleporting and other games like that. Im not sure if id have enough room to walk around (like in superhot) but there are things I don't know so fill me in with suggestions on what to get thanks!

Solution
The Vive does not have more titles available, as all games can run on either headset.

The Vive tracking isn't any better than the Oculus Rift tracking, unless you have a very big area dedicated to VR.

Due to the price difference, the Oculus Rift is a better option at the moment.

Sakkura

Distinguished
The Vive does not have more titles available, as all games can run on either headset.

The Vive tracking isn't any better than the Oculus Rift tracking, unless you have a very big area dedicated to VR.

Due to the price difference, the Oculus Rift is a better option at the moment.

Solution

delta5

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

Do you have friends that call you on a regular basis? The Vive can be used to answer phone calls and continue to play your games while talking to your friends. The Rift can not. You may also want to try out demo headsets of each at a store to see which controller you like more.