Which tablet to buy?

javineind

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
I'm going to get myself a tab.. But i'm in doubt between three tabs.. The google nexus 7, the samsung galaxy tab 3 8.0 and the apple ipad mini.. My basic needs are readin books on a good display interface, playing games and surfing the net.. I don't require calling or sms facilities but internet usage either through USB or sim card is an important necessity (3G compatible). Anyone who can help me please reply back. Ty 

InvalidError

Distinguished
The new Nexus7 will be out in a few more months. You might want to wait for that if you are inching toward the current N7.

While I am mostly happy with the current N7, it really could use 2GB RAM so it wouldn't need to kick apps out of RAM as often. I personally wouldn't recommend a 1GB tablet to new buyers when 2GB is almost standard these days.

helpbaga

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
yes,agree.Nexus 7 is nice tablet PC he is support 3G and access fastest internet.see at amazon.
13.gif

InvalidError

Distinguished
Bought a Nexus7-2013 last Thursday.

Going to return it today since I noticed intermittent problems with touch: after shaking the tablet, there are multiple rows where touching causes extra touches to register elsewhere up or down the screen.

At first I thought it was my fingers hitting the wrong rows on the on-screen keyboard but after running Multitouch Visible Test, I was able to confirm that multiple touches were actually registering 1/2-3/4" away from where my finger was and it affected the problematic rows across the whole screen.

After being lucky on my original N7 with the "worst" problem on it being the relatively minor LCD becoming a little loose around the middle (I decided to stick to my first N7 instead of risking getting a replacement with one of the much worse problems), looks like it is my turn to get a lemon for my first N7v2. I hope the touch problem is not as much of a serial issue as the loose mid-screen was on the original.